SVA’s competitive advantage is our proven ability and commitment to developing high-quality projects in Africa. SVA’s team has extensive networks and experience in Africa, bringing both local business knowledge and required technical expertise to ensure effective project design and deployment. We utilize a disciplined approach that provides the flexibility to adjust and innovate as necessary to maximize efficiency. SVA upholds a high internal quality benchmark, which guarantees that services rendered will surpass the standard required by our clients.
SVA provides a broad range of consulting services in both urban and rural African settings, with a focus on the following activities:
- Access to economic advancement, including entrepreneurship training, market mobilization, microfinance.
- Environmental services, including full service to link to compliance or voluntary carbon markets and adaptation approaches.
- Base of the pyramid (BoP) strategies and piloting.
- Vulnerability and needs assessment for activity design.
- Research for evidence-based decision-making.
- Business development services, including proposal writing, local due diligence and operating support services.
SVA’s current portfolio of consulting and implementing projects throughout Sub-Saharan Africa consist of the following activities:
- Four large scale commercial projects distributing a total of 400,000 high-efficiency cooking stoves to vulnerable populations. (Traditional cookstoves like the one at right are a significant cause of deforestation in the Sahel Region, and also create serious health problems for millions of women.)
- Management services provided to West African NGOs regarding proposal writing, change management and strategy development.
- Consulting to two large-scale wind projects and a large-scale agroforestry program to access carbon markets.
- SVA consultants have developed a vulnerability assessment framework to assist service provider’s design and implement effective intervention activities.